523 Constitution

09 May 2011


We've moved! Hooray!

I'm betting my excitement over our new apartment isn't going away anytime soon, especially if the weather is promised to only get more beautiful, and our upstairs neighbor continues to garden in our little patio area.

On Saturday, we woke up bright and early and picked up a uhaul we rented for 4 hours (please note: I definitely did not think we'd make it to the three stops to pick up furniture -- my house, Kasi's house, Kasi's brother's house -- and then to DC and back in that allotted time, but we I was wrong and we made it back on time.)

Not only did the truck-move go smoothly, but we were able to get Kasi's IKEA bed in the apartment! After a little dis-assemble (is this a word?) and re-assemble due to a narrow corner.

Painting was the next big thing we needed to tackle now that our furniure was there and the bed issue was resolved, seeing as the previous guy decided to sloppily paint some walls baby blue and our management company decided they didn't need to re-paint them. No worries here tho -- after we dropped off the truck, we came back to diligently paint a top coat and find ways to reach our suuuuuuuuuuper high ceilings (cue cooler full of beer on top of trusty trunk turned coffee table).

We crashed hard on Saturday at our respective Virginia homes, waking up rested and refreshed to finish it all on Sunday. Today was the day we moved our actual stuff in -- clothes, shoes, utensils, pots, pans, spices, food! a few framed pictures and music posters, etc etc etc.

When it was all said and done, Kasi ventured back to VA for a mother's day dinner and one more trip of stuff, while I cooked up my new favorite and super easy dish: Quinoa stirfry with basil and bell peppers. I cracked open my precious bottle of Shiraz from Calatrasi Vineyards in Sicily, where I went wine-tasting about two years ago. I've been saving it for a special occasion, and this entire venture has proved to be one worthy of a great celebration.

Stay tuned for more DIY projects and pictures. This will definitely be a work in progress!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for commenting on my blog! I'm so excited for you and your bf. Living with a boy is so fun!

    ReplyDelete