Everytime my sister, brother-in-law and adorable four-year-old neice come to visit, they bring an undeniable amount of good vibes and positive +loving energy. I don't know how to describe it, but everytime they come and go I feel as if my mood and outlook have shifted and seriously improved. Even though I didn't grow up living in the same house as my sister, we do share something extraordinary in common - our dad. He's such a stand-up and remarkable guy, and I still feel a strong bond to my sister no matter how often we talk, don't talk, or see each other. The past two weekends have been filled with all different family members visiting in from out of town {even for my Aunt who lives in town but travels often}. I've been so incredibly busy, needing a weekend from my weekend for the past three weeks. I'm happy to have tomorrow off to rest and recover before embarking on my next big adventure - starting my new job on Wednesday!
Today officially marks the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of another. The end of two mostly miserable years where I worked on and off at a local restaurant, and the beginning of another non-restaurant, full-time, seriously real job! Through all the thick and thin of my two years working in a restaurant, I am so thankful to my mother for giving me this job in the first place. I know I did my share of kicking and screaming more than less, but it did provide me money in my pocket and made sure I didn't waste away a couch potato.
Now you can find me laying with my feet up, sipping champagne in my pajamas. I have exactly one day off between old job and new job, and I fully intend on taking as much advantage of it as I can :)
{Lucy True, age 3, Summer 2009; Prosecco}
PS - this blog is still "under construction." Trying to find my niche and rhythm with this blog, along with the time, subject matter, and photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment