Watertaxiing to the Nat'l Harbor

02 January 2011

One of my favorite things in the world is when my niece Lucy comes to visit. This time, she really wanted to take a boat ride, so my sister came up with the idea to take a watertaxi from Old Town Alexandria across the Potomac to the National Harbor in Maryland. Being her first time on a boat, obviously Aunt Kat had to document.

I also had never taken a watertaxi on the Potomac {I took one in Venice and have taken a dinner cruise around the Potomac once}, but quickly decided this was the best idea ever. Not only were there not very many people, but it was completely enclosed {so we weren't freezing} and was way better/much easier than having to drive over the bridge, find parking, etc. Not like we're very far from it... but still, kudos to the 4 yo for orchestrating a super fun day spent with the fam.

Oh, and the Gaylord National Hotel: Insane! Totally gorgeous and super expensive - it literally was like a little village in there. Lucy also made me ride their ultra fast elevator with her to the tippy top 18th floor {I was freaking out; she was loving it}. At one point I actually had to turn around because we were so high up and I felt a tad nauseous.

Who's the bigger baby now?


 
Despite my wine-stained teeth in this last pic, and my mom's finger blocking the flash, I still love it! It can be a little tricky taking pictures with 4 yo's... so i'll take it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment