In lieu of Valentine's Day

09 February 2011


This was supposed to be a post about how much I love flowers and have this unhealthy (or maybe it's healthy, you decide) obsession for always needing to have fresh flowers in the house, and how I always bought fresh flowers for my dad when he was sick, because before he was sick he always bought fresh flowers for the house, and etc. etc. etc.

But, with this being my first week of work (and it's been a great first week), I've been so preoccupied with getting into a new groove/losing some of the habits I had pre-office job. Like, last week I was accustomed to waking up every morning and making coffee, eating cereal, updating the blog. These poor little lovely habits are now falling to the way side as my morning habits and rituals now include a usual debate while in bed about attempting a run in this frigid weather, showering, blow drying my hair, making coffee, making breakfast, making lunch, making my bag for the gym (for after work, yes I have become one of those people, but this does not include traveling to the office in sneakers and hosiery -- oh no sir!), and making my bag for work, which also includes my laptop, notebooks, pens, pencils (you get the idea).

That entire last sentence just made my brain freeze. Ow. I already have developed the habit of leaving work at work and applying that rule to the computer. I spend all day on a computer, and part of that is free-time surfing blogs, sites, email, etc, but when I come home now, I want to have personal time, relaxation and disconnect. Three days in and I've already adapted. Can you tell I was craving this? (I love it).

All good things!

Hope you're having a great week, too. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment