Scenes from my weekend
27 March 2011
Phew! What a week I've had. After a week of non-stop celebrating and celebration dinners (BTW: I got a huge pay-raise/became an official employee at work and could not be happier), a staycation with Kasi was just what the doctor ordered.
On Friday, we rented Due Date but fell asleep early due to it's lack of funny, at around 11. After almost two months at the new job, I'm still falling asleep at 10pm like a grandma. Saturday started out a bit rocky with literally THE worst migraine I've ever experienced (Kasi proved to be a great nurse), and I got better just in time for his cousin's 30th birthday surprise party (which included shots of tequila with Kasi's parents and trying Persian Kabobs for the first time. Ah-maz-ing!). We had to leave early to get to my belated Valentine's Day gift: seeing Cold War Kids at 9:30 club! They. were. incredible. Seriously, one of the best shows I've ever been to. We had a pretty decent standing spot and for once, I wasn't being pushed and prodded by teenie bopper mosh-pitters. Most of the crowd consisted of plaid wearing adult hipster couples, just like us :)
Tonight I baked what immediately became my favorite mini-cake: Chai-Spiced Cupcakes! I can't believe I haven't done this sooner. It's a magnificent combination.
I have decided to discontinue my food and recipe column at Patch. Maybe i'll pick it up again later, or come up with something better, but with my workload the way it is, I just can't keep up. Words can't express to you how happy I am at my new job and where I feel my life is going. Next up: apartment hunting. Soon I'll be able to stop talking about it and starting actually doing it!
xx
ps -- i needed to get a new point + shoot like yesterday. apologizes for all the blackberry phone flicks!
labels:
Food,
Music,
Photography,
Weekends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment