Serenity

03 March 2011


Week one of working full-time and I'm already slacking on the blog. Actually, since I started this new job, I have been preoccupying myself post-work not with happy hours, but with exercising, grocery shopping, cooking, and falling asleep super early. This week especially. I actually went to sleep at 10:30 last night, if you can believe it.

Last weekend was a full and fun one. It started on Thursday night with our ritual of Pedicures followed by Sushi/White Wine with my aunt. Then it turned into surprise post-VDay flowers, and this weird blend of super grown-up activities mixed with revisiting childhood favourites. What I mean is: I rode around in a Limo on Friday night (for no special reason at all aside from a great Groupon find from my friend), and went Cosmic Bowling on Saturday night for another friend's birthday. Both were super fun and refreshing (the cosmic bowling was way funner than I had anticipated and I actually did pretty well during our third game), which left Kasi and I pretty lazy on Sunday, at least for the first half of the day. We try to leave Sunday's for lazy days, but sometimes it gets switched with Saturday as the stay-in-bed-all-day lazy day and Sunday ends up being full of work. Me, writing my recipe column, and he, writing his stories. During the day on Saturday, my mom, aunt and I did some shopping at the Eastern Market (including scoping out a 1 bedroom english basement for rent *squeels in excitement* -- I want to live in Capitol Hill so badly), and had a late lunch/early dinner at the Old Ebbitt Grill with Midnight Mimosas and Bloody Mary's. I did a major clean in my room and my mom and I had my aunt over again, for an impromtu Grammy's watching party. It was certainly a girls weekend.

Btw - how dissapointing were the Grammy's? James Franco, tsk tsk.

Thus far I've got nothing set on the books for this weekend and I am both feeling the desire to fill it in quickly, or just fly by the seat of my pants and leaving its liberating little white boxes left blank in my calender.

No comments:

Post a Comment