As most of you (fellow readers, if you're out there) might know, I received a large pay-raise at my new job that came much sooner than expected, and just in time for spring and summer. More money that you have/earn=more money to spend.
Since I'm trying to be an adult and take over all the adult and grown-up responsibilities that I have (this includes college loans, cell phone bill + car insurance; not even to mention grocery shopping, gas, that night my friend asked me to meet her at Dogfish for pizza and beer, etc.), I have programmed my mind to be that of a saver. I need to save. I need to be frugal. I need to remember that I will owe taxes for the money I've earned since Decemeber. I want to move out, which means I need to pay for it, and in this area it's expensive. I could also use a new car, one that I'll have to finance myself. And the list goes on...
This sounds like a lot, and it is, but no worries yet -- I'm not getting in over my head. It's just time to budget now. Time to get my affairs in order. Time to purge and start anew. Part of this 'new me who saves' has decided for every one thing I want to buy, I have to sell and/or give away something I have. (Again, if you know me, you know how much crap I have and seriously NEED to get rid of.)
Last week, I sold this ASOS Tortoise Shell Boyfriend Style (sold for $40) watch to Caroline, and today I purchased this Fuji Instax Mini 50x Piano Black Camera (total came to $155) from Photojojo.
So, the price points don't exactly match up, but that's okay. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of this challenge plays out (because this is 100% a challenge for me).
Will I get rid of most of the crap in the bedroom that I live in and grew up in? Will I pull-back on spending and actually save? Or will I just keep piling new crap on top of the old crap?
Stay tuned. I might even be selling some items on here, or there, or somewhere.


No comments:
Post a Comment