Spring Fever

11 March 2011

Last night, Kasi took me to see the National Symphony Orchestra for my first time. He was a huge band dork in HS (played the french horn) and loves classical music (music of all kind really) so when he found out that his favorite symphony was going to be at the Kennedy Center, he couldn't resist buying us tickets.

They were only $20. In the super fancy nose bleed section. See?

Not having listened to much classical music or many symphonies (aside from what bubs plays for me randomly), I really enjoyed it! It was so moving to watch and listen in person; it literally brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't stop watching the conductor viciously move his arm throughout the non-stop 80 minutes of playing. He surely must've been tired after that.

With Spring inching closer, I've been doing a little online shopping. New purchases this week include this Beards are sexy. tote bag (photo'd with a wedding invitation for June), this colorful buddha tee that I'm hoping will add some color to my usual neutral toned and mostly black ensembles (and I'm hoping arrives soon in my mailbox!), and these freakin' adorable Madewell clogs that I've left up on my browser since Monday pretty much just drooling over them non-stop.

I think we're a go for the shoes though. Mainly because I got two paychecks this week and they really would fit perfectly in my electic closet.

On a sadder note, I cannot believe the incredible news that has (literally) shaken the globe this morning about Japan's enormous earthquake, tsunami, and subsequential tsunamis spreading across the Pacific. It really makes you think about what is important in life and how lucky you just might be. xx

1 comment:

  1. That tote is so hilarious! And you are so right... so sad to hear about this horrible tsunami... time for prayer and donation!

    Have a wonderful Friday!
    B.

    That Girl in Pearls

    ReplyDelete