NYC: Portrait of a City

02 November 2010


This morning I stumbled upon something rather interesting. Not only did I find these incredible photos of New York - a place in my opinion is the center of my universe and means so much to me and my family {my parents both lived there for over a decade and met there} but I also realized something else about the location in which I found these photos - on Photo District News' website. My mom worked for Photo District News when I was a wee baby living in the 'burbs of the city! I don't know much else about that time in our lives, shortly thereafter she became a real estate agent and is now a restaurant manager, but I do remember her waking in the early mornings to train into NYC for work at PDN. Crazy how small the world is sometimes. I, too, have a small fire inside me wanting and wishing to live in NYC one day {soon!}.

View more photos + read info on the entire project by Reuel Golden, a former executive editor of PDN, and art publisher Benedikt Taschenon on PDN's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment