Pictures from my weekend

07 November 2010

Seeing as how I'm out of a job {and super short on cash}, I decided to try and get a little creative for Kasi's birthday. On Thursday, I went over to his place for a family dinner and brought him a bouquet of flowers, a bottle of red, and the movie Almost Famous {because he'd never seen it and had just been raving about how much he wanted to watch it.} Then on Friday, I surprised him with a birthday dinner at this really yummy Malaysian Restaurant called Penang in DC. I started planning in the beginning of the week, emailing all his good friends and making sure they were available to come, and that they were down with my idea. All week long it was so incredibly hard for me to keep it a secret, especially on the metro ride to dinner {longest 18 minutes of my life!} All his friends played along so well and told him they were too busy to hang out for his birthday. It was definitely a little sad, but I knew he was about to be blown away. And being the sweet and sometimes aloof boy that he is, he was completely surprised -- even after the host tried to spill the beans and announced that my reservation was for 11 people, and not just two.

Unfortunately these pictures are all from my blackberry as I didn't bring out my trusty, sexy and expensive SLR :/
{Morning snuggles with Gilberto; his + hers; first time buying flowers for a boy; "open wide, I know ya thirstay"; Claire's adorable street in DC}

1 comment:

  1. I did not see this until now! I love the shout out and you, and your musings. Can't wait for an art date.
    ox
    c

    ReplyDelete