The end of the Compact Disc

30 November 2010

On Sunday, Kasi and I grabbed a cup of coffee at Stacy's in Falls Church before heading downstairs to CD Cellar. He could easily spend hours there {me too, if I had some money to burn, so I was being a little whiny and antsy about hanging out for long}. 

A few days prior to our CD Cellar visit, Kasi tried to buy the new Kanye West CD at Best Buy, what's been our usual neighborhood spot for physical music, for years. He told me not only was it a whopping $17, but they only had ONE ROW of music now. Is this the end of physical music?! I mean seriously, where do you go to buy a new CD these days? And not iTunes! I don't want everything I have to be digital. Kasi also collects records and prizes himself on his CD collection. I enjoy popping in a CD while cruising in the car rather than scrolling through my annoying iPod {sorry Apple! this is a bit of a bash fest}. It's really sad that this is potentially slipping through our fingers as we speak. I guess we should have expected it though. Video stores are already on their way out.

RIP wonderful CDs + DVDs. 
Even though you could be incredibly annoying when scratched, wet, or dusty, you will be sincerely missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment