This was the most incredible weekend ever. And not because any particular event or special occasion rendered this feeling about the weekend, but because for the first time in a long time, I was able to get away for a few days and just forget about it all.
That sounds so dramatic -- forget about it all -- like what is it that I'm trying to forget exactly? Nothing really. But life here in DC with my new desk job, juggling friends, my mom, our 'new' life and life adjustments, BF time, and alone time, can leave me feeling defeated and rundown more times than I can count. Sometimes, you just need a break from "real" life to gain some perspective. To try something new. To step out of your comfort zone. To separate yourself from all those things you take advantage of, so that you can remember how wonderful they really are. To go on an adventure. To rekindle a spark. To learn something new about yourself, and some place new.
This list can go on, but I'll stop there. You know what I'm talking about. This was my weekend. And today I am
Here are some polaroids from the weekend (sadly, only one picture is actually of New York itself, as it was pouring rain majority of the time which made it hard to take pictures outside, and I don't have many digital pictures at all because I only wanted to take pictures with my brand-spankin-new toy that is my polaroid camera and not with the ginormous SLR). We stayed with our friends Allison (top right) and Katy (bottom left, on the right) in their super sweet and teeny tiny Greenwich Village apartment.
We attended an art show in Brooklyn, did some bar hopping and NY Style Pizza eating, pretended we were models in Central Park, cruised around the MET, participated in non-stop people-watching, and enjoyed the extensive cardio that is their six floor walk-up (while working off those lavish brunches).
I absolutely cannot wait to go back (this time for a Brooklyn Brewery Tour and maybe a touristy thing like the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty). Thanks for letting us crash at your place guys! We so enjoyed ourselves.
PLUS: Music Monday: The soundtrack to our weekend. Enjoy, x

No comments:
Post a Comment