Holiday Spirit

03 December 2010


Yesterday I went to work with my friend Claire {a graphic designer} for the day and helped her cut, laminate, cut again, and fold 250 menus for Grand Slam, a restaurant in the Grand Hyatt Hotel in DC. It was a super great day for a number of reasons:
1.) I got out of the house and pretended to be a working woman for a day {believe it or not, after two months, I sorta miss it...}
2.) I got to hang out with my friend all day and gossip, make plans, drink coffee, and listen to cool tunes
3.) I got paid! $$$
The day before this fabulous freelance Anacostia adventure, my mom found a slew of bonds that were given to me when I was a baby. My prayers have been answered! I went from 0-60 in about five seconds! I have money for the holidays, and money to tide me over til I find a full-time job and start getting paid properly {gigs I've been looking into lately include writing for the Falls Church Patch + dog-walking}. No more asking mom to spot me a $20 when I'm heading out, or relying on my working boyfriend to pay for everything {I like to pay, too!}

This also came just in time because I just got word that the job I'm waiting to hear back from is officially waiting until after the holidays to start someone new. Just tell me if I got it already! 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment