scenes from my weekend + birthday photos, via instagram

15 September 2011

eastern market | coffee with our new succulent at peregrine | the harvest moon | shopping with my auntie | oogling nice cars in old town, after perusing the alexandria festival of arts and before getting early bday drinks at virtue feed & grain | saturday night hookah and remembering 9.11


then, a few from my birthday:

kasi spoiled me with an over-the-top dinner at oya where we feasted on shrimp stuffed lobster, sushi, coconut shrimp and rice, steak skewers, veggie sliders, chilean sea bass atop mouthwatering pulled pork {the combination was to-die for}, rose champagne {for me}, and the most delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert.  not to mention all the amazing effort my office put into making my day extra special {surprise mimosas, homemade scones and dunkin donuts}.

and it's not over!  tonight -- shear madness at the kennedy center.

i am truly blessed.


*unfortunately oya was so dark and intimate that i could hardly get any good pictures of our wonderful food.  thankfully, instagram helped me document some of my very special night. 

2 comments:

  1. Okay first off, sorry it's taken me FOREVER to get to your blog! You know my non-technological self..I barely ever get on facebook. Mike's the only reason I check my mail (he switched it so my main email pops up on my dock...haha) It was getting bad. SO here I am! And I LOVE this blog. A) helps keep in touch! B) It's Gorgeous (like you!) and C) I love your photography like whoa. I miss that big camera hanging around your neck as we adventured across Europe!

    Also, dude, that description of your dinner at Oya literally made me drool...Do you think they have one in Denver? Two months till the bday perhaps I should start dropping hints for Mike...like a menu 0:-)

    miss and love you babygirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL holly, i'm glad mike is there to keep you in the swing of things! xoxo

    ReplyDelete