Veggie Dumplings/My little dumpling

14 December 2010

Since it's just my mom and I now in the house, and she works a lot of closing shifts as a restaurant manager, Kasi and I have had the pleasure and the opportunity to try our hand in cooking.

Last night we branched out of our normal veggie stir fry to try something new: veggie dumplings {may I just add that these were completely Kasi's idea}.

We stuffed our little dumplings with goat cheese, mashed potatoes, and spinach, and our spices included freshly chopped rosemary with a little paprika and ground pepper. I kept with the rosemary theme and also tried a drink inspired by Everyday Musings and her tasty sounding vodka, grapefruit juice, and rosemary leaves. Even though it's a little more of a summery drink {I'm not a huge fan of pepperminty or pumpkin flavored things}, it was extremely refreshing and went perfectly with our meal.


+ We used won ton skins for the dumplings
+ After stuffing them, we rubbed cold water around the edges and carefully closed them {this part was extremely important to Kasi - mine were sloppy with air bubbles, while his were perfectly and gently stuck together}
+ We fried them for a few minutes in a pan of olive oil, before popping them into the oven at 350* for 10 minutes
+ As a side dish, I made string beans cooked in garlic and onion powder, on top of a sweet lime rice pilaf from Trader Joe's, with a green curry + coconut milk sauce


Super easy and so fun to do together!
I definitely recommend this for a date night or a fun night cooking with friends.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment